Most pet owners go to great lengths to keep their furry loved ones safe, but many of us end up overlooking the potential for a pet poisoning situation right in our own homes.
Every year, one-quarter of all phone calls to the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) and half of calls to the Pet Poison Helpline are about pets ingesting human medications. By learning how to protect your pet from accidentally ingesting human medication, you can help to turn this statistic around, one pet at a time.
Meet Your Meds
The most common medications ingested by pets, according to the APCC and Pet Poison Helpline, are as follows: